Friday, January 23, 2004

Somehow N S Ramnath’s blog is not satiating my appetite to read such blogs. Today morning I read his update and evening I logged on to read yet another update. He should keep updating his blog more often in a day.

The blog update of Pavithra was I-don’t-know-what-to-say… just amazing. She has a way with words. Is she a regular writer or what? Today’s update was on Pisiraandhaiyaar. In school, I have read about this poet and Kopperunchozhan, but I actually didn’t know how close these two were. Pavithra had given a beautiful story to let the readers know about their friendship.

I love books like Chocolat and Casa Rosa. I really enjoyed reading these two. I don’t actually know what genre these books fall into. They look deep into the characters’ thought process. I would say more than the plot, the characterization is a strong asset to such stories. I would like to get hold more of such novels.

Anyway, I was speaking to my mom over phone. She is a teacher at a primary school. Basically I was asking her to visit me on Monday (26th Jan). She said she cannot because she had to go to the school for flag hoisting. That brought a whole lot of memories from my school days. Interesting times we had. Though I was not all that outgoing or participating in school, I still had good time in my own way. I need to start recollecting what I used to do in school days and probably jot down for my kids to know more about me. Well, that is a long way to go, because the first one is expected only 2 months later. And I’ll give my first kid another 10 years to read the blog and get to know me better, if he or she prefers. So I think I have a whole lot of time ahead to plan such things :-). I have to see if I have my old diaries around to recollect how my life was used to be. Nowadays I don’t even remember what happened a month back. Life has become a monotonous drone where only thing exists is tension and dissatisfaction with work. Anyway, I have passed the stage of cribbing and have started to take things in its stride. Maturing? Well, I can call it escapism also :-)

More to come…